We decided to pack up our camping gear and head out to Lake Casitas for a few days of camping and fishing fun. Spring Break for my kids came the actual week before Easter, although other kids in Southern California have various weeks off (some even a month before). Fortunately, Lake Casitas is only about Read More …
Islip Saddle Rescue 02/04/17We gathered for our monthly training with the goal of practicing our Ice and Snow rescue techniques and self arrests. We had travelled out of county, into Los Angeles County , northbound on the Angeles Crest Highway, approximately 40 miles northeast of La Cañada. We found an area of snow and ice Read More …
I was asked to help warm up the kids for their annual “Earths Magnet School Fun Run”. The theme was “Fun In The Sun” so 3 other Dads plus myself dressed up as Malibu Lifeguards in red shorts, whistles and wicker hats to warm up and stretch every grade (grades Kindergarten through 5th) for about Read More …
– Beautiful green hillsides!! – Being able to spot a herd of Elk at Fort Hunter Ligget – Time away with my family
– Warm, dry hiking boots – Single, private time on the way to school with Patanjali (my 7 yr old) – Warm, salted bone broth on a cold morning
– For my life and being alive. – For the opportunity to help others. – For the knowledge, training, and experience to know what safety is.
– Having proper training and equipment to enjoy the outdoors safely – Having an amazing Team of well trained and willing friends to do amazing things with – For my life and being Alive!!
– Being able to relax and watch movies with my wife – Having lunch with my Mom – Having grateful kids
– Being able to hold my temper in check despite my frustrations!! – Patience & Forgiveness of my kids – That my kids made it to school safely
– Opportunities to enjoy the outdoors – Wilderness Conservation efforts of our elders to preserve public lands – Opportunities to share the outdoors with my kids!!